Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Summer Solstice

Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Solstice

Greetings from a post-White-Tantric, too-busy-to-be-doing-this-blog yogi. It was a great week up on the mountain and a grueling but beautiful Tantric. The first day of meditation was 12 hours (and yes, I know I'm known for my hyperbole, but this was the real deal). The second day was 9-10 hours, I lost track after a while. But the third day was pure bliss--done by 2pm and I had the best partner ever. 'Walking up the mountain, climbing side by side, walking up the mountain with you.' I'll admit I'm in the midst of a Tantric 'glow', which is kind of fun.

It's sooooo beautiful up on Ram Das Puri and the experience is beyond words. I had this moment of looking out from the Tantric Shelter and wishing my entire family were there with me. I'm going to try to convince some of them to come next year. And to you, my family of friends, ya'll come. Solstice here in New Mexico is tranformational, purifying, and fun! Hope to see you next year up on the mountain.

I participated in the Spirit Voyage Idol Contest and it was great fun. I did my best and it was a great opportunity to perform for so many people. Even if I never sit in front of a microphone again, it was worth those three evenings--to really connect with the audience and have people sing along. Pure bliss. . . . I made it to the finals by the way but lost to the 'teen' vote. Evidently, I was a bit long in the tooth (smile). But it got me back behind the guitar and the harmonium, which I've sorely needed. I've already led the sadhana chants twice since coming down the mountain. My goal in the next few months is to invest in a Mac Powerbook and get some great software and microphones and just start recording and putting music up here on my blog--for you my friends. So if you have any expertise in the area, let me know. I'm all ears (and vocal chords!).

My sister comes on Wednesday and I'm in the middle of a huge project before the Authentic Relationships Course next week. But, nevertheless, we'll take a couple of days and have fun: Ojo Caliente, 10,000 Waves, hiking, walking my dog, see a movie, and of course--eating!

Got to get back to editing. May you all have a beautiful, bountiful, and blissful summer!

Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa
aka Chiara Huddleston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home